This happened to my friend during his studies at UITM in Arau. It was during one of those exam period in UITM Arau when most of the students were busy studying and burning midnight oil. My friend was nonetheless, one of those last minute UITM Arau students who preferred to study under the examination pressure. He claimed that he saw a pontianak with long hair 3 days in a row just right before his examinations.

You see, his desk was facing the outside window where the views were tress and grasses. At around midnight, he suddenly saw something that caught his eye and looked up from his books. It was a pontianak “crossing” past his window but it seemed to him that the pontianak could not see him. He immediately did a double take and looked behind at his roommate who was fast asleep. My friend turned back towards the window and of course, there was nothing but the calm and dark night scenery. Why was my friend so sure that he saw a pontianak? Well, one thing’s for sure is that whatever that was, it was no human because he was on the 3rd floor of UITM Arau’s campus.

One the second night, he decided to burn midnight oil again. It seemed to me that the incident the night before did not deter him from his determination. Around the same time again, something caught his eye and his immediate reaction was to look out of the window. It was the same pontinak “crossing” past his window slowly. At first, it seemed that the pontianak could not see him but then as sudden as it appeared it suddenly turned towards my friend as it was passing by. My friend was, of course, shock and decided call it a night off. Although he was still shaking, he had no problem dozing off after a while because of the intense study during the day.

On the third night (the last night before his exams), the same thing happened again. You might again ask me why is my friend so brave after 2 scary nights but all I can say is I guess my friend afraid of failure more than pontianaks! This time, as the pontianak was slowly “crossing” by the window, it was staring right at my friend’s face for at least 5 minutes. She had a really, really long hair with pale skin and bloodshot eyes. The scariest part was that she had red stains around her mouth which was pretty striking considering her pale translucent skin. My friend could not really remember what happened next but he did not manage to sit for his exams either because he ran high fever for the following days for a week.