University Utara Malaysia (UUM) . Have you heard of the bus incident? Yes? Well, I’ve always thought that it was nonsense right until that very day, it changed the way I thought about ghost stories. It happened during the holiday break when the campus is most serene. It was already late in the evening and being one of the committee members that holds the induction for new students, I had to be there to prepare the hall for the newbies.

At that time, we were at the Hall known as Dewan Peperiksaan when my friend asked if I wanted to follow her to the washroom. I thought why not and we walked together to the washroom. The washroom was located at the far end of the corridor and we had to pass a place where the Surau is. The corridor was pretty dark except for some occasional lights and the even the Surau was pitch black. As we were passing by the Surau, I suddenly heard sounds of children playing and laughing. I was pretty puzzled since I could hear very clearly that the noises came from the pitch black surau. My goosebumps immediately appeared and I asked my friend if she heard anything. My friend did not respond and merely just asked me to walk faster. We increased our walking speed, hurried to the washroom to finish our business and walked back to the Dewan Peperiksaan.

It was not until we reached the bright hall that my friend admitted that she heard exactly what I heard. You see, as my study term came to an end, the stories I hear about of girls suddenly going hysterical out of a sudden to the extend that they even act and speak in different voice was common. I even personally had an experience myself. It happened when I was showering when I saw the gentle charming girl I knew acting all crazy running around and screaming in a man’s voice. The next thing I knew, all her friends were chasing after her trying to hold her down and after more people came to help, they brought her to the Ustaz (religious teacher) who managed to “calm” her down.